Just a friendly reminder that time has come to move forward and that as of now ZenMagick will officially no longer support PHP4.
I am not going out of my way to make things as incompatible as possible, but eventually this will come. This means if you are planning on using ZenMagick (and keeping up with updates) or are already using it that now is the time to upgrade to PHP5, too.
Things on my list are:
- adding private to pretty much all class variables (this might take a while since a lot of classes are still missing setter methods)
- Converting some (empty) classes to interfaces
- removing PHP4 style constructors
- getting rid of all use of ‘&’where references are used
- Fix/remove code that was added to make references work in PHP4 (there are a few places where using ‘&’ was just not enough and I really couldn’t be bothered to find out why)
- Making some methods static
Most likely there is more, but starting with this will really make me feel