The heat is on in Germany – really, and that’s my excuse for having not written anything for some time (not really that long, but longer than usual).
Despite the heat I’ve managed a few things, and here they are:
I’ve made quite some progress here. Since the main option is to make Savant the main template system I’ve worked on some new view classes and interface(s). Also, after spending some more time playing around I found that I can actually use Savant out-of-the-box without any changes, which is a very nice surprise.
- Sacs (Simple Access Control System)
Working on a solution to password protect a single category I spend some time refactoring some of ZMSacsMapper. The result is a much more flexible manager class with pluggable handler classes to make the actual evaluation about approving/denying access.
I found and fixed a few more regressions (some current, some older..)
- SEO URLs
Verified that ZenMagick is compatible with SEO URLs. There is one case where manual changes are required and that are category links. Since ZenMagick uses main_page=category rather than main_page=index, the mod would not rewrite those URLs.
The ad hock solution is to add a setting to disable this in ZenMagick. However, looking a bit more that the SEO code it turns out that the cleaner way is to just duplicate the router rules for categories and change ‘index‘ to ‘category‘.
There are quite a few changes to plugins that I might have missed to mention, but seeing that the room temperature is still 28 degrees (at 10:15 pm) I can’t really be bothered.
As usual, the changelog has it all…