Just a quick heads up that I got an email from DPS about changes to the URLs for payments.
I hope that all customers of DPS will get this notification, but I thought I mention it anyway, just in case.
Basically, the urls used to talk to DPS change. This is a pretty minor (one line change) in the DPS payment modules I wrote a long time ago.
Still, not applying those changes will result in broken payments, and I am sure no one wants that.
I am not sure if/when I will be able to update the current versions, but I will try.
With 0.9.12 we moved ZenMagick tentatively towards using the symfony dependency injection container.
This was just the beginning. Right now most new code and also changes to existing code also involve some change to the container (and container config) to leave it to the container to sort out the details of implementation.
One good example is the improved session code. So far there has been code in each apps (admin, storefront)
Request class to set up the session as required. I’ve checked in some changes today that move all that into the container.yaml file. The beauty is that with each change more things become configurable via the standard config.yaml and container.yaml. Eventually we might also look again into merging config.yaml and container.yaml, but for now things are good enough as they are (and migration is a lot easier with the current setup).
So, all in all, integrating symfony has been a great help in simplifying all sorts of configuration issues.
Right, so I’ll try to get back into weekly updates – even if there isn’t a lot to report…
Work on ZenMagick 0.9.13 has started and there is lots to do. I hope (not going to promise, though) that this release won’t take as long as the last one, but we’ll have to wait and see.
As yo can see there has been some progress already, in particular the integration of the swiftmailer bundle is shaping up nicely. The admin app is already using it and the plan is to convert the storefront code too, perhaps with a new simple zencart transport as wrapper around the current/old zencart code for those that still need it.
The next thing ticked of is a refresh of the RSS code. The code has been moved into a proper PHP namespace and the sidebox template now takes advantage of using the dependency injection container to lookup the required instances to pull the RSS feed to display.
Like in similar situations this now allows to use the container to configure the RSS cache directory and other aspects f the RSS code.
Finally, the github submodules have been refactored and are now gone. Instead there is a new script vendors.php that pulls all the required libraries into the right place. This is only relevant for people that want to run ZenMagick right off github.
The next things on my list are to finally finish the block admin UI and a number of other admin UI related tasks.