I’ve just updated the wiki. Sorry for the long downtime – I am still not sure about what actually happened.
Anyway, the wiki is now running 1.15.1 and the upgrade was rather easy. I haven’t exactly followed the upgrade docs, but I think I prefer to not have the message about re-installing show on the main site.
So, what I did was:
- Upload the new version into a new folder
- Set the main site to read-only; this is done by adding a line
$wgReadOnly = "Down for maintenance.";to LocalSettings.php.
- Backup the database.
- Run the installer from the uploaded new version
- Once complete, move the new LocalSettings.php as required.
- Edit again to change the var
$wgScriptPathto reflect the path of the live site (empty string)
- Edit/configure whatever else needs to be done
- Rename the current wiki folder to wiki.old
- Rename the uploaded new version from mediawiki-1.15.1 to wiki
While at it I also installed a new extension to handle the Google Analytics tracker code and the site is now using a custom skin. This is currently just an empty skin extending monobook, but now the wiki is prepared for a re-skinning once the main site has been updated with the new design.
Should there be any issues please let me know.